BPI unveiled their newest innovation in terms of mobile banking last week -- The BPI iPhone, BlackBerry, Java and Android App!
Just a few weeks back, they launched the BPI X Globe Tattoo stick. That package includes a simcard that can access BPI services, even without load credits on your sim! This sim will go great with the BPI Express Mobile Banking app for your iPhone, BlackBerry, Java or Android devices! (Read more here: http://cheftonio.blogspot.com/2011/11/3-reasons-why-you-should-buy-bpi-globe.html)
Updated on Nov 23 3:00pm (See bottom. Instructions for using this app on a device that can't receive SMS)
With the BPI Express Mobile App, you can:
- Do real time deposit and loan balance
- Do fund transfer from one account to another
- Pay bills (more than 300 merchants!)
- Reload prepaid and broadband sticks
- Make bank service transaction (Like checkbook ordering)
What's great is, wherever you are in the world and whenever you feel like doing your transaction, you can now transact 24/7! That's the REAL 24/7 banking!
As an Apple user, I got excited! I immediately downloaded the app while they were announcing it that night! Sad though because my jurassic iPhone 3G can't download the BPI app because it requires a minimum of iOS 3.1.3
...But not to worry, my iPad can!!! Wohooo!
|BPI app icon in my iPad|
|Just press the "2x" button on the lower right to enlarge the BPI app|
For iPhone/ iPad/ iPod Touch users, go to the App store and simply search for "BPI". Click Download.
For others, go to http://www.bpiexpressonline.com/ and look for the mobile banking tab (shortcut to download the BPI Express Mobile Banking app here) It's free across all platforms.
How to register to use the BPI mobile banking app?
|Step 1: Log-in to www.bpiexpressonline.com|
|Step 2: Go to Other Services> Express Mobile Registration > Mobile Banking|
|Step 3: Fill-out the registration page.|
|Internet-Based Mobile Banking is available to you wherever you are anywhere in the world. The registration form will require you to key-in your country code.|
|Step 4: Enroll in Transfer to Anyone*|
|* Enrollment to this facility can be done at a later time. To know more about this facility, click on this link.|
|Step5: Receive the SMS with the download link|
|Step 6: Download the link|
|Step 7: Open the BPI applet on your phone|
|Step 8: Log-in immediately|
Want to read more about activating the BPI Express Mobile service? Read this ( http://thumbworld.mybpimag.com/pages/phone/how_to_register )
For more information on BPI EXPRESS MOBILE, log on to http://www.bpiexpressonline.com and click on Mobile Banking under the Services column.
Updated on Nov 23 3:00pm
I just found out that when you use this in a device that can't receive SMS like the iPod Touch or the Apple iPad, you can't activate it. I discovered a workaround for it:
1. log on to your account in BPI Express Online (www.bpiexpressonline.com)
2. Go to -- > Other Services --> Express Mobile Registration --> Mobile Banking
3. Fill out the required fields including your mobile number
4. You will receive an SMS containing a link on you phone. Do not open this link on your phone. Instead, copy the link and open it in your iPad's safari (you can also send the entire text message via email so you don't need to copy the whole link character by character)
5. Take note of the activation code on the page you opened using the link. You may also press the download button which will take you to the app store to download the app.
6. Use the activation code to activate your Express Mobile App
7. Log in using your BPI Express Online account
It's really convenient to use this BPI Express Mobile app and I hope that soon enough, they'll consider coming up with an actual iPad app. For the meantime, you can do your transactions on the iPad using this workaround! :)
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.