At the press conference this morning for the iPhone 4S launch, Globe announced that they will offer a trade-in scheme for old iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 users.
Globe has set up a trade-in scheme for existing iPhone users who want to upgrade their Apple devices for the ultimate experience. Users of Globe-issued iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 in good working condition can trade-in their units at a specified trade-in value, which may be applied and treated as a discount for qualified purchases or availments of iPhone 4S at designated Globe stores and launch venues on December 16, 2011.
The scheme applies for all existing prepaid and postpaid subscribers of Globe.Aside from the trade-in, Globe subscribers can also get a voucher which will entitle them to a 20% discount when they purchase an original iPhone 4 case. The price slash is available until December 31.Mechanics to join this offer:
(Update: Check out the value of your iPhone below for the trade-in)
According to @talk2globe Twitter (source)
Exclusive trade-in of older version of iPhones like iPhone 3G/3GS/4 will be offered on the launch on December 16, at the Globe Tent, High Street South Block, The Fort; Bahia Ballroom, Hotel Intercon; Radisson Blu Hotel, Cebu and selected stores in Metro Manila.
This is a 1-day event only offer.
► CRITERIA FOR A UNIT TO BE RATED IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION:
1. NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE:
No scratches, dents, cracks in the screen and the SIM tray
The sleep/wake/home button should be functional
Volume Up and Down is functional
Ring/Silent switch is working
2. NO WATER DAMAGE
3. TOUCH SCREEN PANEL IS WORKING
4. PHONE CAPABILITIES/WIFI IS FUNCTIONAL
5. WORKING ACCESSORIES SHOULD BE INCLUDED (Charger/USB Cable/Box, earphones)
• If you trade-in your old iPhone, you may get the new iPhone 4S for free or depending on the cash-out amount of the plan you have selected.
* The amount for the trade-in iPhones will be announced in the event.
• You need to bring the unit, box, USB cable, the USB cord and the charger. No need to surrender the earphones.
• If your accessories are incomplete, we will still accept it as trade-in. But, there will be a deduction of P500 per accessory in the trade-in amount.
• You can still avail of the trade-in offer even if you don’t have the official receipt anymore.
• Only Globe issued iPhones will be accepted.
• If you got your iPhone 3G/3GS/4 as recontracting/loyalty, you can trade it even if your phone is still under lock-up as long as the person trading in the old phone is the owner of the line.
For trade-ins, I got official word from Globe representative that the value of your iPhone for trade-in are as follows (Given that your phone passed the criteria mentioned above):
iPhone 3G - P3,000.00
iPhone 3GS - P5,000.00
iPhone 4 16GB - P10,000.00
iPhone 4 32GB - P15,000.00
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.